My BRU stopped working (Windows 11)

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

My BRU stopped working (Windows 11)

Postby fallen2109 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:31 am

Hi,

As of today - my BRU installation stopped working at all (Windows 11). I did uninstall and install it again - no difference.
Also moved a portable installation from one PC to the problematic one - same result - it does not start.

What could be the problem here ?
fallen2109

Re: My BRU stopped working (Windows 11)

Postby therube » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:25 pm

What version of BRU?

Check Task Manager & see if "Bulk Rename Utility.exe" might have hung (as a Process)?

So you throw in the Portable, click, "Bulk Rename Utility.exe", & nothing happens?

Compare the contents of the (Portable) ZIP with that which you extracted to disk.
Are they the same? (If not, then maybe your antivirus deleted a needed part of BRU?)
therube

Re: My BRU stopped working (Windows 11)

Postby Unindoctrinated » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:05 am

I have the same issue.

No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall the current version or an older version, or whether I use the portable version, it just won't start. It doesn't appear as a process in Task Manager and it has been given super trusted status in ZoneAlarm.

The installed version worked a few times, seemingly randomly, when I first installed Windows 11 Pro, but it hasn't worked for months. The portable version worked exactly once.

Does BRU rely on any Windows files?

I sorely miss it. I've tried several alternatives and they're just nowhere near as good as BRU.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Unindoctrinated

Return to BRU Support