Reset BRU to default settings

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Reset BRU to default settings

Postby Mike Boardman » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:28 pm

Hi all

First post, so please be gentle!

I have been using this excellent program for some time, and at some point renamed one or more jpg files. One of them ALWAYS appears in the Rename list when I open the program, which is somewhat annoying. I've tried deleting the Fils.bru file, saving a "blank" setup under that name, but it always comes back.

I can live with it, but I'm curious to know why it happens, and how to get rid of it, if only to extend my understanding how the program works.

Thanks for any response.

Mike
Mike Boardman

Re: Reset BRU to default settings

Postby therube » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:58 pm

I can see where a recent directory could come up on a program restart, but don't particularly see how a particular file would be listed (unless it happened to be in said directory & matched any filtering in use)?
therube

Re: Reset BRU to default settings

Postby Mike Boardman » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:43 am

Thanks for the reply. There are no filters applied that I'm aware of.

I've since tried deleting both the .bru file and the jpg file that was reappearing, without success. A complete reinstall made no difference either. I've noticed that the "File.bru" file was stored in the H: drive, where I had at one stage installed all my program files. When this drive started misbehaving, I reinstalled all of them, including BRU, on to a new drive, but the default Save location seems to have been retained as H:

I've now managed to change the Favourites so that it accurately reflects where I want them to go, but I've not tested it comprehensively yet! I hope it has solved the problem.
Mike Boardman

Return to BRU Support