How do i add img dimension?

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

How do i add img dimension?

Postby real-man » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 am

Hi, I just started using this application and its really good and simple but i'm having hard time finding the img resolution option. I need it so i can bulk rename my wallpaper something like this >> Wallpaper_1_[1920x1080] << If anyone have any ideas how it can be done please share. Thanks in advance.
real-man

Re: How do i add img dimension?

Postby KenP » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:49 am

At the moment BRU doesn't extract the image dimensions with the Exif data.

From the BRU help file:
ID3 / Exif Data > Extract Exif Data
Use this option to control whether or not EXIF tags will be extracted from photographs. At present only Date Taken, Aperture, Exposure, Focal Length, Exposure Compensation, Comments, Camera Model and Camera Make are extracted, but even this can slow down the processing. If you don't need these fields then leave this option unchecked to speed up the processing. Only files with the following extensions are processed: .JPG, .JPEG, .TIF, .TIFF, .CRW, .CR2, .NEF.
KenP

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:44 am

Definitely good addition for next release
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jay gray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Will the "next release" support this type of processing:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3873

use case: many processors expect width and height to be defined before operating on an image.
rather than having to look up H and W data each time we want to operate on an image we try to append dimension information to the file name.
but we have many images that are missing H and W, so a BRU function that automated this would be very helpful.

/jay gray
jay gray

Return to General Comments