Appended Time is Incorrect

Post any Bulk Rename Command support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Appended Time is Incorrect

Postby rcaddy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I am running windows XP and I have a command line that is the following:

brc32.exe /dir:"c:\" /pattern:"*.csv" /appenddate:N:S:::6

When I run this the hour that is returned is incorrect. It is currently 09:40 AM CST at my location. If I run the command line for file manifest.csv I get MANIFEST082610144047.csv. I have tried running all possibilities for the hour e.g. 2,3,5,6,8,9 and I always get 14 for the hour. I have checked the pc date/time and the time zone to verify they are correct. Am I missing something? If so, I apologize for my ignorance. If someone could please enlighten me I would be very appreciative.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I tried the windows version and the date was correct.
rcaddy

Re: Appended Time is Incorrect

Postby Stefan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:04 pm

rcaddy wrote:I am running windows XP and I have a command line that is the following:

When I run this the hour that is returned is incorrect. It is currently 09:40 AM CST at my location. If I run the command line for file manifest.csv I get MANIFEST082610144047.csv. I have tried running all possibilities for the hour e.g. 2,3,5,6,8,9 and I always get 14 for the hour. I have checked the pc date/time and the time zone to verify they are correct. Am I missing something? If so, I apologize for my ignorance. If someone could please enlighten me I would be very appreciative.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I tried the windows version and the date was correct.
It seams it is the same for me on XP 32-Bit with brc32 v1.3.3

BRC32.exe /pattern:"*.txt" /appenddate:N:S:_:-:3
test5_26-08-10-16-46-38.txt
at 18:46.
That's exactly 2 hours off.

Nothing seams to work correctly:
BRC32.exe /pattern:"*.txt" /appenddate:N:S:::3
BRC32.exe /pattern:"*.txt" /appenddate:N:S:_:-:10:"%Y-%m-%d %H %M %S"
BRC32.exe /pattern:"*.txt" /appenddate:N:S:_:-:10:"%Y-%m-%d %I %M %S"

BRC32.exe /pattern:"*.txt" /appenddate:N:p:_:-:3
26-08-10-17-02-07_3 test5.txt
at 19:02

All gets me 2 hours off.
Seams to be an bug to me. Or an hidden feature if one needs an two hour younger timestamp.
Stefan

Re: Appended Time is Incorrect

Postby rcaddy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm

rcaddy wrote:I am running windows XP and I have a command line that is the following:

I am not in the habit of bumping a post, but I posted this in August of 2010 and I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way around this issue?
rcaddy

Return to BRC Support