case sensitivity

Post any Bulk Rename Command support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

case sensitivity

Postby wiml » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi,

I would like to rename some files according to following syntax :
brc32 /pattern:"somefile.prf" /DIR:c:\temp1 /recursive /suffix:old

however it does not rename file SomeFile.prf. Is there a parameter to turn case sensitivity off?

Br
wiml

Re: case sensitivity

Postby tdvargo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:04 am

I came here today to ask this very same question. I could probably figure out how to form a proper RegEx; but even as a BR newbie it seems that I must first get my files selected using a match pattern, BEFORE I can manipulate the filename with the RegEx. Right?
tdvargo

Re: case sensitivity

Postby GMA » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 pm

@tdvargo:

No, not necessarily. For example, you can use it to determine that only the files with a certain extension will be affected. But if you're using the REGEXP switch, then it is the "Match" value that will take care of selecting (thus renaming) only the desired files:

/REGEXP:<Match>:<Replace>

See the example I give to wiml below; in that case I'm using PATTERN to affect only PRF files. But if you don't need (or indeed don't want) to differentiate between file formats, in this case you can skip PATTERN and just leave it to the "REGEXP:Match" value.

@wiml:

A little late, but, if you're still around:
I don't know of such parameter, but this alternative should work just fine:

BRC32.EXE /DIR:C:\temp1 /PATTERN:"*.prf" /REGEXP:([s,S]ome[f,F]ile):\1old /EXECUTE
GMA

Return to BRC Support