Localization / Multi-Language Support

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Localization / Multi-Language Support

Postby fluffpufffluff-bru » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:48 pm

Did you ever thought about localizing your program? If you need help with the translation, I can translate it to the german language...
fluffpufffluff-bru

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:37 pm

Nice username :-)

Yes, I've thought about it, and I made a few steps towards localising it, but it hasn't really progressed.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby loddel » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:12 pm

When you doing that, cash Donate is comming from Germany user !!
Waiting.

Please not so long time :wink:
loddel

To loddel and all others who wait with donations

Postby KHL » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:28 am

Hi loddel,

warum willst Du mit Deiner Spende warten bis eine deutsche Version verfügbar ist :?: :?: :?:
Ist das fair, Jim gegenüber?
Du profitierst doch auch heute schon von der englischen Version, oder?
Außerdem: Ein deutscher Übersetzer investiert vielleicht bei weitem nicht so viel Zeit und Aufwand in seine Arbeit. Dadurch hinkt die Dokumentation dem Entwicklungsstand hinterher und viele Features sind nicht/nicht richtig beschrieben. Wärst Du damit zufrieden?

Schau' mal hier rein und denk' drüber nach:
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Foru ... .php?t=279

Translation for english speaking members:

Please don't wait with donations until there are versions in your native language. Please consider the massive amount of time Jim invests in development/testing of any new feature prior to releasing it. I'm very sure that ALL of us understand english well enough to benefit w/o major problems from BRU in its current language.
And please consider that he still supports ANY windows versions back to 98SE/ME. Who else does this :?: :?: :?:
He even struggles to implement massively required features/buttons/sections because he doesn't want to lose those people who still work with 800x600 resolutions.
Last not least another thought:
If he localises his project for foreign languages, he will never be able to keep the current versions updated to the same documentation level, as translators may not want to spend that much work/time in it :!: :!: :!:

I've already posted a similar note on Feb 09, 2007, at
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Foru ... .php?t=279. More than 940 views, but donations still come dropwise... :cry:
So please pay tribute to Jim and give back a little from your benefit.

Thanks Jim. I've just done a PayPal donation. :)
Karl-Heinz
KHL

Postby Admin » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:18 am

Hi,

Yes, you hit the nail on the head. If I have localised versions of the software then it's much harder for me to release updates, as I'm dependent upon other people for the translation. This has been my main reason for not doing it.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: To loddel and all others who wait with donations

Postby loddel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:32 am

KHL wrote:Hi loddel,

warum willst Du mit Deiner Spende warten bis eine deutsche Version verfügbar ist :?: :?: :?:
Ist das fair, Jim gegenüber?
Du profitierst doch auch heute schon von der englischen Version, oder?
Außerdem: Ein deutscher Übersetzer investiert vielleicht bei weitem nicht so viel Zeit und Aufwand in seine Arbeit. Dadurch hinkt die Dokumentation dem Entwicklungsstand hinterher und viele Features sind nicht/nicht richtig beschrieben. Wärst Du damit zufrieden?

Schau' mal hier rein und denk' drüber nach:
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Foru ... .php?t=279

Translation for english speaking members:

Please don't wait with donations until there are versions in your native language. Please consider the massive amount of time Jim invests in development/testing of any new feature prior to releasing it. I'm very sure that ALL of us understand english well enough to benefit w/o major problems from BRU in its current language.
And please consider that he still supports ANY windows versions back to 98SE/ME. Who else does this :?: :?: :?:
He even struggles to implement massively required features/buttons/sections because he doesn't want to lose those people who still work with 800x600 resolutions.
Last not least another thought:
If he localises his project for foreign languages, he will never be able to keep the current versions updated to the same documentation level, as translators may not want to spend that much work/time in it :!: :!: :!:

I've already posted a similar note on Feb 09, 2007, at
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Foru ... .php?t=279. More than 940 views, but donations still come dropwise... :cry:
So please pay tribute to Jim and give back a little from your benefit.

Thanks Jim. I've just done a PayPal donation. :)
Karl-Heinz

Da ich die Englische Version nicht nutze sende ich auch keine Unterstützung.
Und ich habe nur die Englische Version.

Jetzt schau ich mal was deine Links bringen.
Tschü
loddel

Postby KHL » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:53 pm

Du nutzt BRU nicht? Dann frage ich mich, warum Du in eine deutsche Version investieren würdest... Egal, Dir entgeht wirklich was.

Für mich und alle anderen in diesem Forum gibt es kein besseres Umbenennungstool. Und das auch noch kostenlos.

Mit Deiner Einstellung wird jeder Entwickler mangels Aufwandsentschädigung nur noch limitierte Software anbieten oder gleich Cash verlangen.

Ende der Debatte. Dafür ist mir die Zeit zu schade.
KHL

Re: Localization / Multi-Language Support

Postby LocDave » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:31 am

Hello Jim, I'm a newbie to the forum, but have been ocasionally using BRU for some years now and I find it terrific.
I am a localization professional based in Argentina and I must admit I've been toying with the idea of localizing BRU. Fact is, I've already done some work on itand would love you to check it out.

I would be really grateful if I could expand on this. Maybe privately?

Thanks in advance,

David
LocDave

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Hello, this is Matt,
I am not sure the code is 100% translatable, some text in unfortunately in the source code. Which parts have you translated, is that the program resources? I'd love to see what you have done already, can you write to support[nospampls]@bulkrenameutilty(.)co(.)uk
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby LocDave » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:20 am

Hello Matt,

Please check your mailbox :)

Regards,

Dave
LocDave

Postby dnnregister » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello Matt, LocDave,

My name is Alejandro, I also live in Argentina (San Juan) and I have some experience with localisation. I would like to contribute, if that is possible, since I like the project and have found it absolutely interesting.

The fact is, Matt, Spanish-speakers will mostly not even give BRU a try... and that is a sad thing. Most users do not speak English, as is the case in Europe (and I am not including Spain ;-) )

There are a lot of Spanish users around the world, do not have statistics at hand, but after Chinesse and English, I think it comes third.

Let's give it a shot, shall we?

Congrats on this project. I have just found you a week ago, and I already want ever friend of mine to use BRU ;-)

Saludos!
Alejandro.
dnnregister

Postby LocDave » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi again, Matt (and welcome, Alejandro)

It's been a while but I'd really like to resume talk about BRU localization. I hope you got my emails with screenshots on my progress on BRU localization back then. Are you still interested?

Alejandro, sería muy bueno poder contactarnos. Envíame un mensaje por acá y vemos cómo nos comunicamos.

best regards,

dave
LocDave

Return to Suggestions