Many Many THANKS

Post any general comments regarding Bulk Rename Utility here. Open to all registered users.

Many Many THANKS

Postby Terl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi,
Like others I would just like to say what a wonderful programme, OK it looks scary but in 5 minutes I had sorted out and done work that I had scheduled for a weekend. Some of the ideas are novel but so usefull.
Thanks a load
Terl
Terl

Re: Many Many THANKS

Postby technogran » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:33 am

I'd like to thank the developers for releasing the Bulk Rename Utility free to the general public! I'm a 62-year old woman with 10 years PC expereince but with no formal IT training and I managed to suss out how to add and remove characters/words/spaces in about 2 minutes flat! What a great time and stress saver it is: I had several hundred files to rename involving removing spaces and adding characters and numbers in different character positions, which would probably have taken me several hours. But with BRU I completed the entire task in less than 30 minutes! Absolutely fantastic! I was so pleased that I donated a few dollars via PayPal to help the developers continue the good work. Thanks again. :D
technogran

Postby Admin » Sat May 15, 2010 8:22 am

Thanks! :)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smeghead » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:14 pm

I just thought I'd express my thanks too. I just used BRU to sort my manga (comic) collection, and my GOD it made things about 100x easier. I would still be there renaming the first volume if I was doing it by hand, but the crop and numbering functions are so useful.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
Smeghead

Postby simonlukes » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 pm

I just installed the re-namer today. It's a really solid program, I haven't seen anything else like it. OK it took me a while to get to where I could do what I WANTED (mainly getting used to all the selection boxes) - I was late for work this morning. But I am really happy with how it works, its invaluable for cataloguing my thousands of pictures which I refer back to for art work. Many thanks for all your good work.
simonlukes

Postby Glitched » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Smeghead wrote:I just thought I'd express my thanks too. I just used BRU to sort my manga (comic) collection, and my GOD it made things about 100x easier. I would still be there renaming the first volume if I was doing it by hand, but the crop and numbering functions are so useful.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Hi,
First off, I'm using BRU for the same purpose you do Smeghead, and I'm having one issue.
When open up the program and I try to rename the manga chapters, for some reason the files aren't sorted properly. It's hard to explain but here is my best shot:
The manga pages are displayed as .jpg files, and say the first page's name is '1.jpg', the second page is '2.jpg' and so on, it displayes like this:

1.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
19.jpg
2.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
27.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
9.jpg

When I try to sort it by name it still doesn't get it right.
The reason why I want them to be sorted correctly is because I use the numbering function, which numbers the files in the way they're sorted, so if they are sorted incorrectly, then they get renamed incorrectly.
If you know how to fix this problem please tell me how to do so, and if not, tell me how you go about naming manga files, it'd would be very helpful of you.

Thanks in advance,
Max
Glitched

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:19 am

Hi could you post a screenshot please? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Admin, please move yours and Glitched both posts to a new thread, so to not mess up this Thanks-Thread.

Thanks

Stefan

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Stefan, I tried but it does not look like it's possible to move only the last two posts!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Koshka » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:29 am

I've been trying to resort several thousand JPEG files so they will display in the filename order I want. WinX failed. Picasa was an option but I needed a more general tool. Found BRU via a few google searches. FANTASTIC. I'm still learning the control panel but BRU has already solved my immediate problem and it is now permanently on my taskbar. GREAT UTILITY. I'll be sure to check out others mentioned in your website. :mrgreen:
Koshka

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:28 am

Thanks! Check-out our ViceVersa PRO for file management :)

http://viceversa.pro

cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Comments