Use tabs?

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Use tabs?

Postby Juergen » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:38 am

Bulk Rename Utility, even for quite complicated rename projects, has never left me wanting so I think it will be hard to improve on it.

But...did you ever consider using tabs? Right now each rectangle is very small and there is very little room to enter data. With tabs, each tab equivalent to one of the 13 areas, you would have essentially the whole area times 13 and room to spare. Of course the tabs could be duplicated, the tab order rearranged and would be processed in order. This way one could go crazy and do all kind of fancy renames in one operation.

Just food for thought.
Juergen

Re: Use tabs?

Postby Stefan » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Juergen,

i think it's just the concept of BRU to have all features at one single view.
There are a lot of other renamer where you have to click at all tabs to find the rule you want to edit.
And i think many users love BRU just out of this everything-in-one-view feature.

On change you didn't know:
Help wrote:Using the application
The Main Screen

Zoom
Note that many of the text fields on the screen are quite small.
To allow for reasonable editing you can press F8 on these fields to display a new, larger window.

HTH? :D
Stefan

Re: Use tabs?

Postby Stef » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:24 am

I vote against tabs. The one screen layout is the main reason I keep using BRU.

Like the other Stefan said, there are plenty of Freebies out there who offer the same functionality with tabs, here's a really good one: http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php

Once you know your way around in BRU, it is so much easier to spot everything immediately and keep check of all settings at one glance, as opposed to having to click through several tabs.

With monitors getting larger all the time, it shouldn't be a problem to see everything big enough on a 26" display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 or higher.
Stef

Return to Suggestions