Add Enable/Disable checkbox to the New Location function

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Add Enable/Disable checkbox to the New Location function

Postby jeff.t.hamilton » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:49 pm

The first 11 functions have a check box beside the R button. The check box allows you to keep the function value and enable/disable it as needed. New Location (13) does not have a check box. I'd like to be able to leave a complex path set and enable it by checking the box. If the box was unchecked, files would be processed in the folder in which they currently reside. If the box was checked, files would be copied or moved to the location specified by the path. This feature would make it easier to make multiple changes to file names while they stayed in the source folder, then move them to the destination folder on the last rename execution. It would also make New Location (13) function the same as functions 1-11. I realize Function 12 doesn't have the check box either. I haven't found a use for Function 12, so I don't know if this new feature would improve it or not.

Thanks for creating this terrific utility.
jeff.t.hamilton

Re: Add Enable/Disable checkbox to the New Location function

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Yes, you are right, I think that section needs a check box and also a new option "copy in place" , to rename and copy the files in the current folder.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions