Do not warn/confirm on manual renaming

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Do not warn/confirm on manual renaming

Postby JMM » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Greetings.

While BRU is mostly used for bulk renaming (of course) many times I find that manual renaming is needed, so being able to do so in the file list is as simple as hitting F2 like in Windows Explorer et al. However, it's annoying to get a confirm dialog saying that you're going to rename exactly one file (well I guess we know that already) and another dialog saying that one file was renamed successfully. On the other side I like the confirm and result dialogs for bulk renaming as they allow me to check if I've selected the right amount of files and after the renaming, how many files have been affected.

My suggestion is a new option to not show these dialogs on manual renaming. If activated, a dialog should only be shown if there was an error in the renaming.

Regards, Juan.
JMM

Re: Do not warn/confirm on manual renaming

Postby WillHolt » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 am

I'm starting to think all the ID3 tags of my collection are all ID3V2 and not ID3V1 which I receive in my promo lists. Unfortunately these files are named 01. track.mp3 and I'd like them named 01. artist - track.mp3. Some releases are by various artists so editing the entire album at once with one artist is not always an option.

Re: Do not warn/confirm on manual renaming

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:27 am

Hi, there are options to disable renaming warnings in the BRU menu, thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions