Track numbers not being read correctly

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Track numbers not being read correctly

Postby GuyInDogSuit » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 am

So I downloaded a couple Google Music albums, which are properly tagged and whatnot, but they were downloaded as "Artist - Song Name." I just recently starting using this program, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to rename the files based on the track numbers in the ID3 tags.... The odd thing is , BRU "extracts" them, but they show up as random nine-digit numbers... All the tracks will have the same numbers. And if I keep tapping F5, they randomize, but they never show the actual track numbers. This is confusing.
GuyInDogSuit

Re: Track numbers not being read correctly

Postby KenP » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:27 am

I've no idea about the randomness of the track numbers, it works perfectly on my pc, so assuming the tracks are properly tagged it could be a bad install of BRU, if you're sure the ID3 tags are right in the files you could try reinstalling BRU.

To include the track number in the file name you can use the Add(7) section in BRU.

In either the "Prefix", "Insert" or "Suffix" boxes type % followed by the appropriate character:

Artist = %r

Album = %l (lowercase L)

Title = %t

Track Number = %k

For instance if you type in the prefix box "%k - " (without the quotes) the file name will be prefixed by the track number followed by a space a hyphen and another space.

You can also use more than 1 tag, for instance if you type in the prefix box "%k - %r - %l - %t" you will have the track number, artist, album and title with hyphens in-between.
KenP

Postby GuyInDogSuit » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 am

Hmmm... I'll try reinstalling it with admin rights.
GuyInDogSuit

Postby nohevv » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Am also seeing this problem, but not for all tracks, just certain ones. Must be something to do with how they were ripped perhaps,
nohevv

Return to BRU Support