Adding Duration to File Name

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Adding Duration to File Name

Postby wildtvafrica » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:51 am

I need to bulk rename video files and need to put the duration of each video into the file name, but I have no idea how to do this.

Can anyone give me an idea of an expression I can use to add it to my file name, please?
wildtvafrica

Re: Adding Duration to File Name

Postby therube » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:35 am

I don't see where it does that?
Does it?

Date, time, EXIF, ID3 tags, but not seeing video?

Suppose you could create a batch file & send the video files to ffprobe, filtering its results, sending that filtered data to a text file, generating a "Rename-pair" that you'd import into BRU (but that would seem to be a somewhat convoluted process)?
therube

Postby wildtvafrica » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:27 am

therube wrote:I don't see where it does that?
Does it?

Date, time, EXIF, ID3 tags, but not seeing video?

Suppose you could create a batch file & send the video files to ffprobe, filtering its results, sending that filtered data to a text file, generating a "Rename-pair" that you'd import into BRU (but that would seem to be a somewhat convoluted process)?

Thanks for responding. Yeah, that will take forever and I need to do this fast and repeat the process weekly. But I did have someone program a small script for me that just adds the duration to the end of the filename. Very quick and much less painful.
wildtvafrica

Postby JoshRanch » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:53 pm

Can you share this script or is it ah ranks thing?
JoshRanch

Return to BRU Support