Exif Date Taken cannot be changed ?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Exif Date Taken cannot be changed ?

Postby Merel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:49 am

Sorry to (maybe) asking again a previously asked question (search cannot give results on common terms).

Using BRU Windows latest version, from what I understand in documentation, the original Date Taken (from Exif) cannot be modified.
Because all softwares are often updated, I wonder if BRU maybe has the possibility (or not) within other versions. If not, is this to be expected (or not) ?

Just in case you know, which software would you advise for that purpose ?

I'm most interested in the SHIFT feature in order to synchronize digital photos, made by several people at the same event.
Some people don't care to set their camera at the right day and time.

BULK shift of the Exif 'Date Taken' flag itself, is a required tool for this purpose.

Thank you.
Merel

Re: Exif Date Taken cannot be changed ?

Postby Emerkamp » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Hello:

I believe GeoSetter has this function...
Emerkamp

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:10 am

In BRU the EXIF dates can be read and used to rename files, but cannot be changed.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Merel » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Emerkamp wrote:Hello:

I believe GeoSetter has this function...

Thank you. I installed this software yesterday. I think it can achieves what I want to do. I will test that today.

Anyway, for renaming purposes, I will continue to use BRU , which is probably the best at this job.

Some time ago I wrote a mini-manual http://www.minatica.be/content/3963-Selectie-foto-s-samen-hernoemen in Dutch language,to help readers of a Flemish forum to use it for renaming purposes.

However, I must now update that manual for the latest version of BRU.
Merel

Return to BRU Support