Trying to remove specific extension only-folders and sub

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Trying to remove specific extension only-folders and sub

Postby rufunky » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

:?: :?: Hi, I am trying to remove specific extension only from a bunch of files in folders and Subfolders. In filter 12 I have "Files" and "Subfolders" checked / extension 11 I have "Remove" checked in the blank space I wrote .dll which is the extension I would like to remove from the files that have that extension. The program continues to just remove all extensions. Can someone please help me. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. :?: :?:

One thing I would like to note is these files all have TWO extensions at the end of the file names causing some of the other methods in this program to rename/delete the first extension instead of the last one.
rufunky

Re: Trying to remove specific extension only-folders and sub

Postby therube » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:05 pm

11.Extension, that blank box is only applicable when you use the 'Extra' setting there.

When choosing 'Remove', it will remove all selected file's extensions.

So in 12.Filters, enter a mask there of *.dll, then in 11.Extension, a Remove will still remove all extensions, but will only affect files that you've filtered in 12.Filters, so only *.dll files.
therube

Re: Trying to remove specific extension only-folders and sub

Postby rufunky » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:58 pm

therube wrote:11.Extension, that blank box is only applicable when you use the 'Extra' setting there.

When choosing 'Remove', it will remove all selected file's extensions.

So in 12.Filters, enter a mask there of *.dll, then in 11.Extension, a Remove will still remove all extensions, but will only affect files that you've filtered in 12.Filters, so only *.dll files.

Perfect! Thank you so much
rufunky

Return to BRU Support