how to grap tags out of jpg files file properties in Win10

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

how to grap tags out of jpg files file properties in Win10

Postby deardorffs » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:26 pm

i'm wanting to grab the "tag's" string that is in windows file properties details and also show up in a metadata viewer as keywords.

I'd like to use this tag line in building a bulk renaming of 1000's of photo files.

Windows File Explore makes it fairly easy to add one or more tags to the file properties detail one at a time or in bulk to photos.

is this possible to do with BRU, and if not are there any work arounds?

thanks Steve
deardorffs

Re: how to grap tags out of jpg files file properties in Win10

Postby KenP » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:14 pm

You have some options for using "Exif Data" to rename photos in "Add (7)" and "Auto Date (8)".

Check them out in the help menu "Contents/All Renaming Options/".
KenP

Postby deardorffs » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:19 am

i already have my photo tag(s) in the "tags" field of the file details pane (windows 10) where all the other camera exif info shows.

is there a way to get BRU to see/use this "string" which a exif viewer called out as "keywords", to embed in a file renaming operation.

Thanks Steve
deardorffs

Postby deardorffs » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:38 am

in a different metadata reader - PIE v.6.95, the tags are showing up under the XMP tab under both "DC: Subject " & also under "microsoft: last keyword XMP"

not sure what XMP is vs. EXIF & IPTC
deardorffs

Postby Emerkamp » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:55 am

Hi:

XMP is the newest standard for a files extra metadata. I don't think bru can read this info yet.
Their's several other renaming apps out there that can.Like Geosetter ect,ect. exiftool is king, but you nned to know the cmd prompt.
Emerkamp

Return to BRU Support