Cant see files on my phone

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Cant see files on my phone

Postby Unpoor » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:54 am

I have a problem with copied pictures to a new phone
One Plus 3,
its only internal storage,

the dates on the files are set to copied date so the order on the Pictures in the Phones gallerie is a messed up.

That can BRU fix :-)

But it cant see the files on my USB connected phone in BRU, I see them in Explorer but they dont show up in BRU
Filestructure shows but not the files.

Tested all USB Connection options MTP, and the other once..
Windows 10,
any ideas?
Unpoor

Re: Cant see files on my phone

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:43 am

Hi, BRU does not support MTP.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Unpoor » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:12 pm

I tried PTP also an that didn t work either..
Any ideas how to get this done?
Unpoor

Postby JMM » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Copy the files to your computer, then rename them anyway you want, then put them back in the same folder they were on the phone, removing the previous files there. Some phones don't like being written by MTP so check if you can actually copy back first, else you'll have to find a way to put the pictures back on the phone.

I don't know what kind of phone you have, but many phones (specially Android ones) have a security measure where sometimes you have to do something specific to unlock USB sharing, which is making the phone look as if it's just simple USB Media Storage with several drives for the internal memory, SD card... In my phone I have set it up to unlock pattern, so unless I unlock the phone with the movement pattern, plugging the phone just charges battery; only after unlocking it appears as USB storage in the computer.

Good luck.
JMM

Return to BRU Support