Unique Log File Creation

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Unique Log File Creation

Postby AshB » Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of naming multiple folders that I have had to split up into areas over multiple PCs from a shared folder and I was wondering if their is a way to create a new Log file with each run as I need to store the results separately and I will be doing several hundred of them over the next few weeks.
We are using old systems currently so everything takes an exceptionally long time to run so I'm trying to run it concurrently where I can.

An example of this is I have PC's A and B scanning at the same time.
A finishes scanning first so I start the rename function on it and then 5 minutes into it's rename B finishes scanning.
As A still has 15 minutes of renaming to do (Based on past observations) and it's renaming is being added to the Bulk Rename Utility.Log txt file as it runs, however I can't run the rename on B at the same time as the results of B will be in the same text file as A and so I have to wait for A to finish it renaming run, rename the Log file to Run A for example and then run the rename on B which will then create another Bulk Rename Utility.Log file.

Is their a way that when it runs it will instead save run A to Bulk Rename Utility.Log and if B is ran at the same time this is saved to Bulk Rename Utility.Log(2) and if a 3rd was ran then Bulk Rename Utility.Log(3) would be created so I would end up with with 3 logs files of different names.

Any help would be appreciated.
AshB

Re: Unique Log File Creation

Postby Admin » Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 am

This is not possible, sorry!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unique Log File Creation

Postby AshB » Mon May 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks, Just needed to know if it was or not.
Managed to work around it by using multiple user accounts but it's a bit of a dodgy thing to do.
AshB

Return to BRU Support