How to set default directory?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

How to set default directory?

Postby SaxTeacher » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:04 pm

I use BRU regularly to rename all my photographs (adding the date to the file name).

Every time I open BRU, it opens to the default directory (photos\2015\new_photos\ )

By the fact that it opens to that directory, I know it's possible to set a default directory - just can't remember how!

I would now like to change the default directory to photos\2016\new_photos\ but can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance!
SaxTeacher
SaxTeacher

Re: How to set default directory?

Postby therube » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Check your desktop shortcut (Properties)?
therube

Postby SaxTeacher » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:01 am

i'm not using a desktop shortcut; i'm searching for BRU in the start menu.
SaxTeacher

Postby SaxTeacher » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:45 pm

bump. Every time I open BRU, it oepns showing the contents of the same folder, called /photos/2015

I would really like it to show the contents of a different folder ( /photos/2017 ) instead.

How is this done? Where is the setting?
SaxTeacher

Postby KenP » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:33 pm

SaxTeacher wrote:bump. Every time I open BRU, it oepns showing the contents of the same folder, called /photos/2015

I would really like it to show the contents of a different folder ( /photos/2017 ) instead.

How is this done? Where is the setting?

I don't think there is a setting for that, might be a good idea for the next version though :)

A workaround I've found is to have BRU pinned to the task bar, in BRU browse to the folder you want BRU to open in and set it as a favourite, for instance you could save it as Photos 2017.bru.
(Before saving the favourite press Ctrl + N to make sure all the boxes are empty)

You should then be able to pin that favourite (Photos 2017.bru) in the BRU task bar jump list.

You could easily do the same for any other folder you regularly open in BRU.
KenP

Return to BRU Support