Troubles with Context Menu Rename Function?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Troubles with Context Menu Rename Function?

Postby drajhax » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm

First, an AMAZING program! Best I've found in years of being on a PC. Highly recommend it!

Second, I've been using this for at least a year now and only today (16-11-17), the "Right-Click" (Context Menu, I think it is called?) option to "Bulk Rename Here" results in absolutely nothing happening.

I've tried in different folders on the same PC (Windows 10) with no luck.

I use BRU this way 100% of the time and after several tests (and the compatibility checking thingy built into Windows), I finally fully uninstalled it with a third party uninstaller, cleaned the registry, downloaded a fresh copy and still no luck in using BRU as I have before. Any ideas what I can try next? Any one else experiencing this or is Dell just really out to get ONLY me?

Thanks!
drajhax

Re: Troubles with Context Menu Rename Function?

Postby therube » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 am

Other then the context menu, BRU opens & operates correctly?

Might have a look through...

ShellExView - Shell Extensions Manager
&
Troubleshooting Right Click Issues Caused by Shell Extensions
therube

Postby drajhax » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 am

And, with that, it is now working properly.

NO Idea why, but I did just do another check on using the context menu function and it worked. I did run my "FIX EVERYTHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER WITH ONE CLICK" program since then so perhaps it actually fixed something?
drajhax

Postby drajhax » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 am

SORRY! DISREGARD my last comment.

After seeing that it DID work on pictures in ONE folder, I went back to the original folder that it had previously NOT worked on. On this ORIGINAL folder attempting to use the context menu option still will not even open BRU :(
drajhax

Postby drajhax » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:38 am

Sheesh!

I cannot even open it directly now. I right clicked the desktop shortcut, scrolled down to "properties" and clicked. Then clicked on "Open File Location", then x2 clicked on the corresponding exe file. Nothing happens. I'm going to try and uninstall with the native uninstaller, then clean up residual files, then do a fresh install.
drajhax

Return to BRU Support