Looking for a script writer for hire

Javascript renaming examples. Javascript renaming is supported in version 3 or newer.

Looking for a script writer for hire

Postby hmt3design » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:01 pm

I'm looking for someone to write a script for me that I can use within BRU or as a standalone. My JS skills aren't up to the task, and I can't find anything that I can understand on StackOverflow or other message boards. I will pay $25 for your efforts.

Scenario: File folder with a large (1,000+) number of files. Select the folder (have it open in the BRU program or in Windows Explorer) and run script that:
1) Counts the number of files in the directory
2) Selects a number of files (100)
3) Creates a numbered subdirectory in the current folder, padded appropriately (001, 002, 003 as opposed to 1, 2, 3), based on the number of files in the directory
4) Moves the selected files into the newly created directory
5) Repeats the process until all of the files are moved into new subdirectories.

This can be done in JS, or as standalone VB script, or whatever method you prefer to use. If you want to use a JS library (Node.js appears to have the necessary mkdir commands), put the instructions to load that in the script.

I will pay through PayPal for a working script and suitable instructions. Then if you desire, you are free to market the finished product as you like. Of course, if you want to do it as an intellectual challenge and post it for all, or you know something that already does the job and want to post the link, feel free.
hmt3design

Re: Looking for a script writer for hire

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi, In BRU Javascript this is not possible, I think a Powershell script would do it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a script writer for hire

Postby hmt3design » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Ok, thank you. I will investigate Powershell.
hmt3design

Return to Javascript Renaming