Rename PDF based on REGEX value inside the file

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Rename PDF based on REGEX value inside the file

Postby ElpolloLoco » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Hello, I have thousands of .pdf files, all of them have a value that I can easy find by using a regex within the first few lines of the file. The regex value is the member number of each record, is there a way to batch rename all these .pdf based on that number inside the file
ElpolloLoco

Re: Rename PDF based on REGEX value inside the file

Postby ElpolloLoco » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Well, it would help if someone tells me the regex value to use for capturing the first 13 number digits after the first time a line says 'member number:' (without the quotes)
ElpolloLoco

Re: Rename PDF based on REGEX value inside the file

Postby trm2 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:59 am

Unfortunately, BRU can only rename files it can't read inside a file so it can't perform a RegEx to extract information inside
a file if that is what you are referring to. If you need information about what BRU can and can't do please read the manual
at viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4743.

If that doesn't solve your problem and you feel that more help is required in the forums, people here need to have samples usually a half dozen
or more of the filenames that you have as well as corresponding examples of want you want to rename them.

in the form FROM TO

Hope that helps - but first always read the manual - I have written it in a easy to use format.
trm2

Return to How-To