Apply prefix to all files in folders and sub-folders

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Apply prefix to all files in folders and sub-folders

Postby michaelcassara » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:40 am

Hi there -

Have used the utility for a while and it's a lifesaver. I'm trying to accomplish a task that I know is possible, but despite reading through past posts and looking in the manuals, I've not been able to figure it out.

I have a few hundred folders of scanned photo negatives. I want to add the prefix "neg" to each individual file (but not to the folders) so that I know that these are the scanned negatives and not scanned prints.

I know how to do that for an individual folder, using the add / prefix function - but I'm struggling with how I would do it for all of the contents of all of the folders (without changing the folder names themselves). I believe it involves filtering but am not sure.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
michaelcassara

Re: Apply prefix to all files in folders and sub-folders

Postby Luuk » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:59 am

Greetings Michael. The filtering is inside Filters(12), so its probably only needed to put checkmark in "Subfolder" and "Files", then to destroy checkmark in "Folders".
Luuk

Re: Apply prefix to all files in folders and sub-folders

Postby michaelcassara » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks so much, that worked - I didn't realize it was displaying the files at the top of the screen, below the folders - once I figured that out, it was easy to run and a huge timesaver. Many thanks!!
michaelcassara

Return to How-To