Need help with JS filter - equivalent dates

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Need help with JS filter - equivalent dates

Postby sqril_girl » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:58 pm

Extreme newbie and only semi-capable with all this reg ex and js stuff. Actually, less than semi-capable.

Anyway, I would like to use the condition in the filters section (12) to select those files where the System.DateModified is equal to the System.DateCreated but really have no idea how to do that. It is *Javascript* which is all I really know. I tried the basic System.DateModified==System.DateCreated which fails and then I have to hold down the Enter button as it runs through a thousand or so jpgs.

I did attempt to search for js help but I'm fairly clueless as to how to add it as a condition for filtering.

I'm looking to do this for iphone images that, I think, were taken within the Messages app so there is no image EXIF date taken information but for some reason the system has the correct date and time in, sometimes, both the "Modified" and the "Created" date fields. But sometimes those are different, I think, when they are images which are received in the Messages app.

Many thanks.
sqril_girl

Re: Need help with JS filter - equivalent dates

Postby Luuk » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:51 am

The manual (pg.52) is saying to use something like... object('modified').getTime() == object('created').getTime()
Luuk

Return to How-To