Removing Numerical Suffixes Then Adding Numerical Suffixes

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Removing Numerical Suffixes Then Adding Numerical Suffixes

Postby Shakorexis » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:20 am

I use a duplicate image cleaner a lot to get rid of any duplicate images. However, since I save my images in numerical order (Image1, Image2, Image3, etc), I then need to manually rename them so they're numerically ordered again with no missing numbers. I'm trying Bulk Rename Utility to rename all of certain images to be sequentially ordered numerically, but am having several problems.

How do I filter and auto-select for images for a certain word, remove everything from the name other than the word, and then have attach a sequential number after that word? Any help would be much appreciated. Below is an example what I typically do and how I want it to work.

Image1.jpg
Image2,jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
Shakorexis

Re: Removing Numerical Suffixes Then Adding Numerical Suffixes

Postby Luuk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:06 am

I would have to see examples, because not knowing if you are only posting the before-names or the after-names?
Luuk

Postby Shakorexis » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:23 am

Luuk wrote:I would have to see examples, because not knowing if you are only posting the before-names or the after-names?

Kinda both, since that's how I typically format my image names. Thing is, whenever I clean my folder with a duplicate photo cleaner, it leads to gaps in the order.

Here's how it would be after the cleanup:
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image8.jpg
Image9.jpg

Here's what I want to do:
Image1.jpg > Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg > Image2.jpg
Image4.jpg > Image3.jpg
Image8.jpg > Image4.jpg
Image9.jpg > Image5.jpg

I'd also like to keep it ordered as is, but BRU doesn't seem to order numerically.
Shakorexis

Postby Luuk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:26 am

If the files is not sorted numerically, first to put a checkmark inside the menu "Display Options, Sorting, Logical Sorting".

In Filters(12) to put a checkmark in "RegEx" with a "Mask" like ^Image\d+\.jpg$ to present your examples.
In Regex(1) to put a checkmark in "v2" with a "Match" like \d+$ to remove the numerical suffix.
In Numbering(10) use Mode=Suffix can renumber them, also with a checkmark in 'Folder' if the numbering should restart for each folder.
Luuk

Return to How-To