Folderize

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Folderize

Postby mpratt7 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:44 pm

Hello. I am a VERY new user and self-described neophyte at syntax. I have rather large collection of movies that I have put together over several years. I have started to use several programs that would like all the movies in separate folder to marshal all extra files (if any) in one place the program(s) can use.

Most of the movies are in the following format:
Movie Name (2005).mkv

Following the instructions in the forum:
Match : (\D+)(.*)
Replace: \1\\1\2

I get as a result:
Movie Name ( \ Movie Name (2005).mkv

What is the proper syntax to get:
Movie Name (2005)\Movie Name (2005).mkv

Also the syntax for:
Movie Name\Movie Name (2005).mkv

I found the original response I found the syntax VERY helpful. Thanks in advance for any help.
M
mpratt7

Re: Folderize

Postby Luuk » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 pm

If you are only wanting to conduct certain file-types? then I would probably use the Filters(12) "Mask" for the file-type matching.
But you can also enable "Renaming Options, File/FolderExtensions, Rename File Extensions" and then use RegEx(1) with "Inc.Ext."
This a Match and Replace for your example, but its not using the above options, so its not being prejudice against any file-types.

Movie Name (2005).ext ====> Movie Name\Movie Name (2005).ext
(.+[^ ])( \(\d+\))$
\1\\1\2

\1 matches any beginning text that not stops on a space, to make the folder-name.
\2 matches "Space(1-or-more-digits)" at the end.. Its using \( to say ( and \) to say ).. To make the space optional you can add ? after the space.
To get the other format, just change the "Replace" to \1\2\\1\2
Luuk

Re: Folderize

Postby mpratt7 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:21 am

Works perfectly. Thank you very much for the help.
M
mpratt7

Return to How-To