Favorites in Portable BRU?

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Favorites in Portable BRU?

Postby danb10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Moved to a new computer and had to switch to the portable version. I can't seem to locate my previous favorites (I know where they are saved, but I can't seem to get the portable version to find them). Tried putting them in the same folder with the portable, but no luck. Am I missing something or is this not possible. Or will I have to create them all again? Thanks for any assistance or input.
danb10

Re: Favorites in Portable BRU?

Postby Luuk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:32 pm

The .ini-file just needs to say a line like... Favourite Path="C:\Some\Path\To\Your\favourite.bru"
So then clicking "File, Open" should present all of your other favourites inside of the same folder.
But dont edit the file if bru is running, because it likes to overwrite the file when exiting.
Luuk

Postby danb10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Thanks. Is there a way to do it without messing with the .ini file? I'm not the most computer literate when it comes to going that deep under the hood.
danb10

Postby Luuk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:36 pm

Either create a new one with 'File, Save As' and choose the folder-path with all of your favourites.
Or just use 'File, Open' to select the correct folder-path to one of your existing favourites.
When the bru exits, the .ini-setting should be saved. If not, then it must be typed instead.
Luuk

Postby danb10 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:09 pm

Thanks. I probably should have figured that out on my own, but it's been so long since I created those favorites, I guess I forgot. :oops:
danb10

Return to How-To