Rename scanner files

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Rename scanner files

Postby Neil » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:59 am

I am seeking a utility that will enable me to do the following: ADD to a file names that appear sequentially in a given directory, at the start of the file name, a three or four digit number, where I can specify the first number (OK if not, if it starts with a CHOICE I can set between 0000 OR 0001), such that it adds to files in that directory at the start of their file names a number that is INCREMENTED BY TWO... by TWO... not by 1 !! ... for each succeeding file in the directory.

That is, if the directory contains files named, say, 1-blah-blah, 2-blah-blah, 3-blah-blah, 4-blah-blah etc. I can use the utility to change the names in the directory to 0000-1-blah-blah, 0002-2-blah-blah, 0004-3-blah-blah, 0006-4-blah blah etc. OR to 0001-1-blah-blah, 0003-2-blah-blah, 0005-3-blah-blah, 0007-blah-blah etc.

This would help in cases when doing large scanning projects where my scanner automatically creates sequentially numbered file names for each page scanned, when I'm first scanning all odd pages sequentially, then all even pages sequentially, and want to combine the two sets of scans to be a directory ordered sequentially by pages in the book.

Does your directory utility permit one to do this?

Thank you for considering my question.
Neil

Re: Numbering

Postby Luuk » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:20 am

The Numbering(10) does have many options like this, so the settings could be like...
Start == 0 or 1
Mode == Prefix
Pad == 3 or 4
Inc == 2
Sep == -

There is also Filters(12) "Mask" to only conduct certain filenames, and also javascript to conduct any of the math.
Luuk

Return to How-To