1.TV.Show.Name is the file name, I messed something up, help

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

1.TV.Show.Name is the file name, I messed something up, help

Postby TheTrackBallGuy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm

So as the titeld says, I messed something up naming my files, thought I had it the way I wanted it, but after looking at my other files, it's incorrect. I name my TV episode files like this.

This was a miniseries so it has a number in it, most of the time they don't have a number in the title. This is what I want the files to look like. I just gave them a shorter made up name so it was easier to type. The files are in a folder called TV Show, again not the real name, just easier to type.
s01e01 - 1 -TV Show.mp4
s01e02 - 2 -TV The Next Show.mp4
s01e03 - 3 - TV The Next Next Show.mp4

This is how they are right now, I know it's something simple, but I can't think of a simple solution. Sorry..

s01e01 - 1.tv.show.mp4
s01e02 - 2.tv.the.next.show.mp4
s01e03 - 3.tv.the.next.next.show.mp4

I see where I messed up, I don't know how I missed it really, but I need to get the dots out of the way, and I need a dash next to the numbers in front of TV show. I think I'm making this harder in my head than it needs to be, but I can't find a solution. I recently reformatted my hard drive after getting a bigger SSD and all my files got screwed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
TheTrackBallGuy

Re: 1.TV.Show.Name is the file name, I messed something up, help

Postby Luuk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Now Names ====================> New Names ??
s01e01 - 1.tv.show --------------------> s01e01 - 1 -TV Show
s01e02 - 2.tv.the.next.show ---------> s01e02 - 2 -TV The Next Show
s01e03 - 3.tv.the.next.next.show ---> s01e03 - 3 - TV The Next Next Show

Since this how the New Names are being described, should the episode number always repeat?
Should TV Show have " -" in front like the first 2 examples, or " - " like in the very last example?

If the folders do already have 'TV Show' in the right format, Im probably just destroying everything after the numbers.
So then restoring 'TV Show' by using Append Folder Name(9) with Suffix and previewing my separator inside of "Sep."
But if the folders dont have the right format ahead of time, I would just conduct everything inside of the RegEx(1).
Luuk

Return to How-To