Append filetype to parent folders name

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Append filetype to parent folders name

Postby occulttheorist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:29 am

Hey there, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, and thanks in advance for any help. I did some searching here and elsewhere on the internet, but couldn't find exactly what i want, and i definitely don't have a strong enough understanding (read: almost none) of RegEx to figure it out myself.

I have several hundred folders containing ebooks and audiobooks, so EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, PDF, CBR/Z, MP3, M4B files mostly.

I want to append the contents file type to the beginning of the folder, because currently I have no way of knowing if the files inside are audio, comics, pdf or epub, etc.

Additionally, or alternatively, i would like to prefer one filetype over another. For example, some folders may contain a Jpeg as a cover, playlist or chapter files, metadata, etc.

I could ignore certain filetypes (playlist files, jpegs for the most part) and i would also be ok with categorizing certain file types, like EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 append "(EBOOK)" or "(COMIC)" for cbz/r etc... the thing about this is that i have many PDFs that are either normal books, comics, or just illustrated books of some sort (illustrated guides, encyclopedias, comics, photography/art books etc) but there isnt much i can do about that....

Anyways thanks a lot for your help!
occulttheorist

Return to How-To