Need to rename a lot of individual files

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Need to rename a lot of individual files

Postby kdcngan162 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:27 am

I need to rename a lot of subtitle files that are all in there separate folders (around 500 folders). I want them named to whatever the parent folder is named. These are parent folders for movies. The parent folder has the video file and a subfolder that has multiple subtitles for different languages, they are always named as "2_english" or "3_english". I only care about the English subs though. Is there a way that BRU can automatically rename the subtitles to whatever the parent folder is named? Here is an example of how my folders are arranged, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftNP5Q-kn9E

I believe there is a way to do this on a folder by folder situations, but that would take a lot of time.
kdcngan162

Re: Need to rename a lot of individual files

Postby kdcngan162 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:03 am

Found out how to do it after reading through the forums. I didnt know i could drag and drop from different directories into BRU. Ill just drag and drop the actual sub files from different locations using the search function then rename them using the append folder name function (didnt know what it did until now)
Thanks everyone
kdcngan162

Return to How-To