Sequential renaming of file Title

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Sequential renaming of file Title

Postby Xane_Tempest » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:15 am

I have had a search, but can't find the relevant results (or dummed down enough for me to understand) about how to replace a file Title with a sequential set of numbers and letters.
IE: I want to rename a few thousand files with "SeriesNameS1E1, SeriesNameS1E2..." etc.

I am sure there is a way, but I'm not quite grasping how.
I don't mind even replacing the Title with the File Name if that's easier.
Xane_Tempest

Re: Sequential renaming of file Title

Postby Luuk » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:28 pm

It does depend on the original filenames, and where SeriesNameS1E1 is to be found.
Luuk

Postby Xane_Tempest » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:07 pm

I want to put "SeriesNameS01E01" into the 'Title" property of the file.
The original filename can be changed nice and easily (and I have already done so) but it's the Title property that I'm struggling with
Xane_Tempest

Postby Luuk » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:53 pm

The bru is just a bulk file renamer, so its never editing any of the file-data, like the "Title" property.
Depending on which file-types you're talking about? which metadata you're talking about? and if the few thousand files do already have something like 'SeriesNameS1E1' inside their filenames or folders? then the free exiftool.exe could easily conduct like this.
Luuk

Postby Xane_Tempest » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:00 pm

I see where the confusion has come from then. I already have 'file renamers' and don't really need another one.
Guess I should have read the feature list with more care
"Rename files using Windows File Properties (e.g. length, width, height, rate, publisher, title, etc). More than a hundred attributes for different file types." I foolishly mistook that to mean that it could do more than just rename files. My mistake.
Xane_Tempest

Return to How-To