Run Multiple Favorites in Sequence

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Run Multiple Favorites in Sequence

Postby SMazTX » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:55 pm

I absolutely LOVE this software. It's one of the best pieces of software I've ever used and I've been using and writing code for several decades. Bought a couple commercial licenses just to show my support.

Here's my current challenge: I have a series of four favorites I run every day. Currently I open each one (they all have file filtering in place), then have to click in the files list, then Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-R and finally confirm. Is there a way to simplify this? I tried using a batch file, but it still brings up the UI and I have to click in the files list, do the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-R and confirm. I looked at the manual for the BRC and it doesn't appear to have an option to use a favorites file.
SMazTX

Re: Run Multiple Favorites in Sequence

Postby Luuk » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:08 pm

The brc does not support everything that bru supports, so its not good for the brc, to be looking at bru's favourite files.
Because then bru should have to present warnings, about all of the options in each favourite file, that wont be conducted.
If its me, I would either try to convert everything into regex, or javascript, or just write a batch, with using the brc.

Of course, everything does depend on what the 4-favourites is doing? so its impossible for me to advise this part of it.
But to automate your file-selections, can put a checkmark inside for the menu... "Actions, List, Auto-Select All Items".
To disable messages, can remove checkmarks from... "Renaming Options, Show Warning" and "Renaming Options, Show Confirmation"

If these settings are not getting saved? must first exit the bru, then edit some lines in your "Bulk Rename Utility.ini" like...
Auto Select Entries=1
Display Warning Message=0
Display Confirmation Message=0
Luuk

Return to How-To