How to use rename-pairs text files in commandline

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

How to use rename-pairs text files in commandline

Postby CasparABO » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:01 pm

I've seen an old topic about using rename-pairs text files in command line but there was no response so far.

Is it somehow possible to use a rename-pair text files in command line? This way I can automate the whole rename process by using a PowerShell script that users can execute with just a click.

Possible or not? I did not see any commandline option when starting the program using /?
CasparABO

Specify rename-pairs from commandline?

Postby Luuk » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:12 pm

If you are talking about the command-line brc64.exe, there is no /option to look inside of a rename-pairs file.
Also, the graphical renamer will only support either "C:\Working\Path" -or- "C:\Path\To\Some\Settings-file.bru".
I dont believe that any rename-pairs file can be auto-loaded, without using "Actions, Import Rename Pairs"?

I did many experiments with editing the "Bulk Rename Utility.ini" which does have a line like... Rename Pairs Path="".
But after inserting many valid paths to my rename-pairs files, these files did still always need to be manually loaded.
Because all it does, is put the rename-pairs path into the "Open" dialog, after clicking the "Import Rename-Pairs".

I think a good enhancement, is moving this setting into the .bru files, with another setting like Auto-Load Rename Pairs=1.
Then we could just specify "C:\Path\To\Some\Settings-file.bru" and then the .bru-file could auto-load the rename-pairs file.
There might be a way, but so far Im not finding any ways to auto-load a rename-pairs file?
Luuk

Return to How-To