exemple (2).png

What I need is for it to be sorted as follows:

example.png
example(2).png
example(3).png
ScarletRename

Re: Sorting files with name (2), (3) is wrong

Postby Admin » Thu May 25, 2023 1:46 am

Hi, there is an extra space in exemple (2).png , I think you will need to remove that to sort.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby ScarletRename » Thu May 25, 2023 3:28 am

Admin wrote:Hi, there is an extra space in exemple (2).png , I think you will need to remove that to sort.

The space has been removed, but the problem persists.
ScarletRename

Postby therube » Thu May 25, 2023 5:13 pm

How are you adding files into BRU?

If you are drag&drop, it looks like they are added in the (reverse) order they were selected.
(If using Windows Explore, that might not be the case, though someone mentioned, but I've now forgotten, that there is a work-around if you wanted the files in "selected" order rather then "sorted" order.)
If you are use the file picker (or similar), they should be added in "sorted" order.

If you click the 'Name' column, does it then sort your example .png files "in order"?
(If not, then your names are not what they appear to be.)
therube

Postby ScarletRename » Mon May 29, 2023 7:28 pm

therube wrote:How are you adding files into BRU?

If you are drag&drop, it looks like they are added in the (reverse) order they were selected.
(If using Windows Explore, that might not be the case, though someone mentioned, but I've now forgotten, that there is a work-around if you wanted the files in "selected" order rather then "sorted" order.)
If you are use the file picker (or similar), they should be added in "sorted" order.

If you click the 'Name' column, does it then sort your example .png files "in order"?

I didn't use drag drop. It just directs to the folder where the files are.

I tried clicking the "name" button but the order remains wrong.
ScarletRename

Postby ScarletRename » Mon May 29, 2023 7:33 pm

It alternates as follows, ascending or descending as I click on the "Name" button

example.png
example(3).png
example(2).png

and

example(2).png
example(3).png
example.png
ScarletRename

Postby ScarletRename » Mon May 29, 2023 7:43 pm

It is interesting that the wrong order is the same in Windows File Explorer, while in Directory Opus explorer the order is correct
ScarletRename

Return to How-To