Retain selection from File Explorer

Bulk Rename Utility How-To's

Retain selection from File Explorer

Postby scooterbaga » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:02 pm

Hello,

I've searched the forums and poked through the manual and can't seem to find the answer. I'm pretty sure BRU used to carry over the file selections from File Explorer when BRU was invoked from the context menu. Now it seems as if the initial file selection from File Explorer does nothing.

When I make my selection in File Explorer and right click to open BRU. BRU opens with a full list from the current directory and nothing is selected. My preferred behavior would be whatever files I have selected from the directory would also be selected when BRU opens. I'm pretty sure it used to behave this way. Not sure what has changed.

Is selection preservation an option I've turned off somehow? Any help would be great. Thanks.
scooterbaga

Re: Retain selection from File Explorer

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:39 pm

Hi, in which folder are you selecting the files? Is it happening on Windows 11? thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Postby scooterbaga » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:45 pm

Admin wrote:Hi, in which folder are you selecting the files? Is it happening on Windows 11? thank you

Windows 10. Various folders/files on the PC, but nothing system level or that would be protected. I also use it on network folders/files.

e.g. I used it exclusively on network folders/files yesterday. Once out of about a couple dozen times did the current File Explorer selection carry over to BRU.
scooterbaga

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:27 am

Thanks, does it happen on network paths, e.g. \\computer\share\ or also on local folder c:\ etc
Admin
Site Admin

Postby scooterbaga » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:23 pm

It appears to be network folders. I don't use it enough on local folders to know for sure. I tried it a few times locally, and the selections seemed to work. Thanks.
scooterbaga

Return to How-To