Increase the Size Limit of the Title Case Exception List

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Increase the Size Limit of the Title Case Exception List

Postby MilesOldfield » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:52 pm

First, thank you so much for creating a first-rate, free, utility that I've made great use of for the last several years. I mainly use it for organizing my hoard of book, movie, and music files.

Like many people here, I use the Excep. list to prevent articles, prepositions, and conjunctions from being capitalized when using Title case. The exception list size is apparently limited to about one thousand characters, which isn't nearly enough to contain all of the exceptions I'd like to use. Can you increase the size of the exception list buffer, or better yet, add the option of using a .txt or .ini file for the exception list, so that it can hold a few hundred exceptions?

Thanks!
MilesOldfield

Re: Increase the Size Limit of the Title Case Exception List

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 am

I think that is a very useful idea, do you maybe have a standard list of exceptions we could include in BRU as a basic file? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby MilesOldfield » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Admin wrote:I think that is a very useful idea, do you maybe have a standard list of exceptions we could include in BRU as a basic file? thanks

You can find a list of words for title exception anywhere, so I'm guessing you're looking for it in BRU's format. I could just copy/paste the one I use by default, but it's specialized for my needs and would be unsuitable for most users. If you'd like, I could make a more useful list of exceptions in BRU's syntax and explain how it works while I'm at it. Teach a man to fish?
MilesOldfield

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am

If you'd like, I could make a more useful list of exceptions in BRU's syntax and explain how it works while I'm at it. Teach a man to fish?

That would be very useful, thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions