Auto Rename or Duplicates using Date

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Auto Rename or Duplicates using Date

Postby BrantRaven@gmail.com » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 pm

Thank you for a wonderful tool for renaming files.

I use Bulk File Rename (BFR), for renaming multiple photos from whatever name my camera has given to the Date Taken field, based format in the formatof %Y%m%d_%H%M%S, so my file name for a photo will be somthing like 20240518_232903.

The issue I have is that if I have taken a number of photos in a fast burst mode, the Date Taken field of a number of the photos may register the same date/time right down to the second...so when you attemp to rename the photos using the above format, you will hit A LOT of duplicates!!!

What would be nice...perhaps under the Prevent Duplicates , is the option to add(+) or subtract (-)...or alternate between adding and subtracting Time (year, month, day, hour, minute or second to rename the file. So for example, when I am renaming 2 files and I hit a duplicate, the option I choose, might +1 second for the first duplicate and -1 second for the second duplicate...and so on.

This would really be a helpful option...and even more so if the adjusted time could be propogated to the actual Date field of the image.

I hope I have explained my suggestion well.

Thank again.

Brant
BrantRaven@gmail.com

Re: Auto Rename or Duplicates using Date

Postby therube » Mon May 20, 2024 3:49 pm

Renaming Options | Prevent Duplicates
therube

Re: Auto Rename or Duplicates using Date

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:24 am

New "Prevent Duplicates" options in version 3.5 allows renaming conflicting files starting from "1" and a custom format for preventing duplicates can be specified.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions