mp3 tags

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

mp3 tags

Postby andyms56 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:52 pm

hi mate first i want to say what a great program this is i have used it for a year now and i am very impressed my question is is it possible to add a function to tag mp3 files or view mp3 tag info so that if i have say tracks that are named in the tags but just say track 1 track 2 etc i can use the tag info to rename the files and put the correct track numbers at the start of each file all so the ability to move the files that you want to name in to any order so you can number them how you want instead of alphabetically
thanks for a great prog
andy
andyms56

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi,

At the moment there are no plans for MP3 tags. MP3 tag-extracting adds a significant overhead to the processing, and there's already lots of MP3 utilities out there. Perhaps in the future.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: mp3 tags

Postby spambait » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:11 pm

andyms56 wrote:hi mate first i want to say what a great program this is i have used it for a year now and i am very impressed my question is is it possible to add a function to tag mp3 files or view mp3 tag info so that if i have say tracks that are named in the tags but just say track 1 track 2 etc i can use the tag info to rename the files and put the correct track numbers at the start of each file all so the ability to move the files that you want to name in to any order so you can number them how you want instead of alphabetically
thanks for a great prog
andy

If you haven't done so already, check out Tag&Rename. It does exactly what you want, and I use it in conjunction with BRU with great results.
spambait

Return to Suggestions