exif date AND TIME

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

exif date AND TIME

Postby machapelle » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:14 pm

As a photographer with multiple cameras, it would be GREATLY appreciated if you provide access the photo image Exif date AND TIME information for inclusion in file renames. This would allow photos from multiple cameras photographing the same event to be merged in time sequence. As it is, I will have to look for this feature in another rename product.
machapelle

Re: exif date AND TIME

Postby JOHNCHAP2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

I heartedly concur with suggestion, but would expand it. There is no product on the market, that I can determine, that allows access and time stamping to all the file dates and EXIF dates. There are at least 3 EXIF dates (Camera date, Image time and date, and image date digitized) and 3 file dates (accessed date, created date, modified date) for which it would desireable that they be modified and/or interchangeable. I would certainly pay for a product that provided this capability. There are many reasons why this would be a very valuable product.
JOHNCHAP2

Postby JOHNCHAP2 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm

While my comment still holds I discovered a workaround to get BRU to access the date the image was taken for an Adobe .psd file which is a type of file that BRU as well a all other simliar software does not recognize as an image file. Temporarily change the name of the files by adding .tif so the new temp name is name.psd.tif . Now BRU will pick up the date the image was taken. Replace the file creation date or the modified date, depending on your needs, with the taken date and make whatever delta changes to the creation date. Now the date image taken can be used in the renaming.

Again, it would be easier if all the software packages that do any date manipulations could simply recognize .psd files as image files and perform accrodingly.
JOHNCHAP2

Postby bilkobailey » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Not exactly a reply - but a plea for further functionality.
There a few apps I use (such as Face recognition software) which are incapable of bulk editing EXIF or other metadata fields. But they do have the ability to select, for example, All photos featuring a particular person. BRU has the brilliant ability to accept "pàste" as an input for these, selected files which reside in very many various folders. It would be really fantastic if the BRU interface had the ability to access and modify EXIF / Metadata fields.
Here's hoping. Seasons greetings!
bilkobailey

Return to Suggestions