Add "Bulk Rename Selected Files" to Context Menu

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Add "Bulk Rename Selected Files" to Context Menu

Postby purefusion » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:26 am

First of all, thanks so much for releasing this utility. I've been using it for well over the past couple years. My only suggestion is, I'd like to see the ability to select a handful of files in the File Explorer, and right click those files, and be able to choose "Bulk Rename Selected Files" INSTEAD OF having to back out of the folder those files are in, right click the containing folder and choose "Bulk Rename Here" and then have to again select the files I want to rename, which by that time are often not in the same order, nor do they have a thumbnail so that I know I'm choosing the proper files that I wanted to rename in the first place.

Granted, I'm still using 2.7.1.1 but since the newest version is only 2.7.1.2, I presume not much had changed between the two versions.

So, how does the future look for Bulk Rename Utility anyway? You working on any other improvements? Any hope of seeing my suggestion fulfilled any time in the near future?

Thanks!
purefusion

Return to Suggestions