Using EXIF fields for Renaming

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:44 pm

I've just registered to join the Canon devlopment program. I'll report back here if approved.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:37 am

Ok, bad news.

I've been accepted onto the Canon SDK programme, and I have downloaded the software.

Unfortunately, it appears to be bloatware. There is no way to include only the code which handles EXIF data, you have to include all the SDK DLL files in the distribution. This amounts to 5.5MB. Compared with the BRU file at well under 0.5MB, this makes it unreasonable.

Therefore I do not think there's a future in trying to incorporate the Canon SDK into BRU.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby 21st Hermit » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:46 pm

Jim

Admin wrote:Ok, bad news.

I've been accepted onto the Canon SDK programme, and I have downloaded the software.

Unfortunately, it appears to be bloatware. There is no way to include only the code which handles EXIF data, you have to include all the SDK DLL files in the distribution. This amounts to 5.5MB. Compared with the BRU file at well under 0.5MB, this makes it unreasonable.

Therefore I do not think there's a future in trying to incorporate the Canon SDK into BRU.
Perhaps a nights sleep or some of those famous Scottish malted beverages will help. ;)

Hermit
21st Hermit

Postby 21st Hermit » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:50 pm

Jim

Admin wrote:I do not think there's a future in trying to incorporate the Canon SDK into BRU.
This link might be an alternative to the Canon SDK. Poke about and see what you think.

FWIW
Hermit
21st Hermit

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Yeah, I already contacted them. The problem is that it's a commercial product; I'd need the source code....

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions