Toggle Unused Modules

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Toggle Unused Modules

Postby dpayment » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:07 pm

I am a regular user of the Bulk Rename Utility, and I love it. I'm sure I'll love it even more if I ever get a handle on Regular Expressions, but that's not the point here. I use BRU mostly on a wide angle laptop, which means that almost half of the screen is taken up by the BRU function menus, limiting the number of the files I can view per screen. With a few exceptions, I mostly use the "Replace", "Remove", "Case" and "Move/Copy" modules, so I'd like to see an option to be able to turn on or off the sections of the GUI that I'm not using. As I said earlier, there's a lot I don't use regularly, at most out of the 13 modules that make up the control portion of the GUI, I might use only four or five controls at a time, so being able to hide the unused modules would free up a tremendous amount of screen real estate. I don'[t know if others would agree with this, and I have no idea how difficult such an option would be to program, but I really think it would make my life simpler.

Thanks for considering this,
Dan

:D

P.S. Now that more and more monitors are going to the 16:9 or other stretched width formats, the vertical real estate is much reduced, I think this option would really help a lot.
Last edited by dpayment on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
dpayment

Re: Toggle Unused Modules

Postby emr66 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:18 pm

I agree with the above 100%, switch off and remove unused sections, to make more room for the used sections
emr66

Re: Toggle Unused Modules

Postby datta500 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:59 am

I agree too. thanks for posting in this forum.

Return to Suggestions