Change font for tree and file list views

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Change font for tree and file list views

Postby JMM » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Greetings.

I've been using BRU for a while and I must say it's just awesome. I tried many other renaming programs over the years, but for me the winner is BRU.

Ok, enough of that :) I have some suggestions, which I will place in separate threads for a cleaner discussion about them.

My first suggestion is to add the ability to change the font (typeface, style and size) for the tree and file list views. Why? It's not just a comestic change. I'd find *very* useful to use a fixed width/monospace types such as Source Code Pro, Droid Sans Mono or similar. Proportional typefaces are nice but in this context they're not the best option. A monospace typefaces would make very easy to check visually if certain parts of the filename are in the same char positions. Due to their nature, I think monospace types are best suited for this kind of application. And if implemented, it could lead to other potentially great functionalities like multiline name edition which would be unpractical with proportional typefaces.

Regards, Juan.
JMM

Re: Change font for tree and file list views

Postby bluenote » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:17 pm

I also have a really hard time reading what I'm doing at a high resolution, and would welcome the ability to change the font or size or both.
This has cost me many extra hours troubleshooting regex's , exacerbated by the fact I'm terrible. But being able to see what I'm doing really helps. ;)
thanks
bluenote

Re: Change font for tree and file list views

Postby Niefer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Please add an option to use monospaced / fixed width fonts.
It is difficult to believe that in this type of applications (renamer) there is no such useful opportunity.
Niefer

Return to Suggestions