network attached storage

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

network attached storage

Postby obieephyhm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

First, I want to say that I've been a long-time user/supporter of this utility and it is invaluable for my work. So, a very big THANK YOU for what it already does.

Now, perhaps there is a way to do this but it doesn't appear readily obvious to me: my problem is that I archive a lot of material and much of it gets shipped off to our NAS inside our internal Win7x64 network. The problem is that I can't rename anything once it moves to the NAS -- I can see the files in windows just fine but BRU doesn't show ANYTHING that's in my network tree. Thus, I have to move files off the NAS to alter their naming scheme -- which is really doubling the workload. What I would like to be able to do is access any machine on our network and change files so that I can have them renamed before they get archived AND change those that are already archived.

So far as I can tell, this is not possible. Like I said, my BRU tree doesn't show me anything but the drives on the individual system I'm currently sitting at.

Is this possible?
obieephyhm

Re: network attached storage

Postby Dave001 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Try using "Map network drive".
Dave001

Postby goldsaint76 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:18 am

Dave001 wrote:Try using "Map network drive".

Can you make a screenshot please, I don't see it. :?
goldsaint76

Postby Stefan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:12 am

See how to map a network drive in Windows "Map network drive":
http://www.wikihow.com/Map-a-Network-Drive
Stefan

Return to Suggestions