more room for regex string editing? tabbed interface?

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

more room for regex string editing? tabbed interface?

Postby bobkoure » Wed May 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi,
I mostly use BRU for its regular expression support -and sometimes trying to get a complex expression into that 7-char wide edit box can be a bit hampering (hard enough to get regexes right).

I can think of a couple of ways around this without introducing re-sizable sub-windows (this app looks to be an MFC dialog-box-as-app, yes?) which is actually pretty hard to get rightunless you want to bring along that whole swarm of re-sizable docking windows "stuff")
One way might be putting a set of tabbed windows in the the middle area (grey delimited box titled regec -- repl --remove -- add - etc).
Another might be to actually have two or three "layouts" (still with fixed sizes, so going from a fixed resource to a couple of fixed resources but not dynamic) and switch between them in a "view" menu item.

Thanks for even thinking about this! :-)
Bob

PS: Don't get me wrong - I really like BRU, and particularly like being able to rename with regexes...
bobkoure

Postby Admin » Wed May 30, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi,

Have you tried pressing F8 on the regex field - or any other text field? This should do what you're looking for.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bobkoure » Wed May 30, 2007 9:44 pm

Cool!
bobkoure

Return to Suggestions