Make more room for character transfer

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Make more room for character transfer

Postby Jadew » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:08 pm

The software is great. :D

I am using this software to translate my database files with chinese character into english.

However, I find there is not enough spaces for me to put in all my rules and have to repeat the procedures several times in order to run all my rules. Thus, I would like to know whether it is possible to add more lines for the character transfer.

Thanks for your effort.

Jenny from Hong Kong
Jadew

Postby Admin » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi Jenny,

Could you clarify what you mean please, as I'm a little unsure.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jadew » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:38 am

You have a character translations function which can convert several characters by separating the values in commas.

I used this function to convert my existing database files with Chinese characters in the filename into English filename such as 相,片=,p,h,o,t,o,s, and 樹=,t,r,e,e,

I found the space for me to type in the above rules for changing the filenames just allow me to enter 22 line of rules. So I want to suggest you to increase the no. of lines to 500 or even more.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Jadew

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:32 am

Ok I understand.

There is a limit on there but it's 255. I think there's just a problem with the window not auto-scrolling. I will try to fix this later today in a new beta.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:16 am

Ok this is now updated, new version on the website.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions