Moveable layout components (sections/panes)?

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Moveable layout components (sections/panes)?

Postby BRUsky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 am

Is there a way to move sections/panes around or a way to enable or disable section visibility for customization?
This would be a great feature to help organize to an individuals layout preference and to declutter if desired.

The ability to "attach" the picture viewer would be really nice.

I also think it's an uber nerdy, mass appeal limiting move to place the RegExp section/pane first.
I love that feature/ability, but first? Most people aren't even using that. :?
BRUsky

Re: Moveable layout components (sections/panes)?

Postby Admin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 am

Yes, definitely something to add, the ability to move or hide sections. thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Panchdara » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm

BRUsky wrote:Is there a way to move sections/panes around or a way to enable or disable section visibility for customization?
This would be a great feature to help organize to an individuals layout preference and to declutter if desired.

Oh that is going to be niiiiice!!!! Had to buy a 2560x1080 monitor simply tio see more in BRU :mrgreen: I'm sure there is light at the end of the tunnel... wait, is it an oncoming train?

BRUsky wrote:I also think it's an uber nerdy, mass appeal limiting move to place the RegExp section/pane first.
I love that feature/ability, but first? Most people aren't even using that. :?

Funny, RegEx is probably the single most useful part for me, followed by Title. Working on the JavaScript now.
Panchdara

Postby Artman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 pm

I'm working on a big project now (10,000+ files) and would LOVE to be able to temporarily hide all the selection criteria, which leaves room for only 10 files at a time (on my laptop display). Many of those files have a consistent format so I can apply my REGEX renaming. But many don't, so I have to eyeball each filename individually. Being able to see 20 or 30 lines of files would streamline the process.

I never used REGEX until this current project, and now it's saving me boatloads of time, so I don't mind it getting top billing. But I suspect most BRU users stay with the Replace function and maybe a few others.
Artman

Postby Panchdara » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 am

Artman - as much as BRU is one of the most useful utilities, don't hold your breath for any updates. There have been no improvements or action on suggestions since 3 Feb '16. I think your only solution is to get a bigger monitor or use one of the other renamer utilities.
Panchdara

Return to Suggestions