Auto-Select Entries

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Auto-Select Entries

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi

The option Auto-Select Entries works fine; it auto-selects all the files in the file pane. However, selecting all the files seems a strange behaviour when using Bulk Rename Here on a single file in a folder (from the context menu in Explorer). Or if some files of many were selected then using Bulk Rename Here.

Have I missed a trick? If not is this possible?

all the best
Dave
Dave Smith

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 pm

Auto-select wasn't really designed for this purpose, it was more for when people launch the utility from the start menu. It's probably better to disable "auto select" and then just press Ctrl+A at the times when you do want to auto-select.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave Smith » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks Jim, will do.

Is it something that could be made part of the Bulk Rename Here command? (Files selected in Explorer are selected in Bulk Rename Utility after using the Bulk Rename Here context menu command)

Or even the Bulk Rename Here context menu command could be a menu that lists the output of a list of favourites or just the list of favourites which can be chosen and affects the currently selected file(s).

Anyway, I got a bit excited there. Thanks again for the quick reply and for the utility which is fab.

all the best
Dave
Dave Smith

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Bulk Rename here is something which was bolted-on to BRU at some stage, and BRU was chanegd to accomodate it. You'll have found already that it's not ideal (e.g. selecting files then Bulk Rename Here does not pre-select the files in BRU).

It's something I would like to change over time, but there's only me owrking on the software and time's tight at the moment. Perhaps one day....

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions