Bring Back 'Rename File With Mouse Click' Function Please

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Bring Back 'Rename File With Mouse Click' Function Please

Postby teemo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

First of all, thank you!

This is the best tool out there, hands down. I've been using your little app for years.

I literally HATE every other file renaming utility out there. HATE! :evil:

I use less than 90% of the functionality usually, but when I need to make more complex changes, I just look around the app and usually i see exactly what I need and a path to accomplishing it. You have saved me from so many tedious time consuming tasks. Awesome App!

Also, I understand that you are providing a free service, allowing me non-commercial usage of your app, and I am very grateful to you. I make this respectful suggestion as your meek and humble user:

tl;dr PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add back the ability to rename a single file using a mouse instead of F2.

It is SO annoying to have to use F2 to rename files. I understand that some users probably can't handle the power of this fast method of file renaming, and/or are linux users who hate being able to conveniently rename things with their mouse, so maybe you could make this into an optional function.

...but please bring it back. I had to download an older version just so that I could have this again. :(

Thank You.
teemo

Re: Bring Back 'Rename File With Mouse Click' Function Please

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Yes, this is a request from a lot of BRU users. We will bring back this functionality in the next release. We are sorry we haven't done an update in a while, but we do plan do have one soon. cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bring Back 'Rename File With Mouse Click' Function Please

Postby Stuboy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi Admin any news on when this feature will be re enabled, its a real pain in the arse without it :wink:
Stuboy

Return to Suggestions