URL encoding/decoding

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

URL encoding/decoding

Postby lorenzr » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:32 pm

I have a number of files that get save with url encoding characters. Example
Code: Select all
"%5b %5d"
"[]" . Right now I search and replace for the major groups. A possible suggestion would have an option to convert all of these two normal ascii. Or most of them. I also have some foreign character get encoded like
Code: Select all
%A7%89%E3%81%95
. Not concerned about these as much. Also I noticed some URL encoding is at the two digit level and some at four digits (Unicode?). Again not as concerned about these as much. But just FYI.

Another observation I made while looking if this topic has been already suggested. I think a group of users use BRU to rename files for compatibility in other files systems. Maybe sometime in the future add the ability to rename files for safe use in common file systems. One example for dos Batch files. I need to strip out %^&. Just an remote idea. My earlier suggestion about remove unicode specific characters was along the same reason. Since a lot of programs can't handle Unicode yet or Unicode directory names. Has something to do with old Delphi compliers not supporting Unicode parameters. I was told
Ray
lorenzr

Return to Suggestions